Topics to avoid when choosing your college admissions essay topic:
- Writing about academic accomplishments
- Trying too hard to appear intellectual
- Trying too hard to appear creative
- Taking a generic approach. Stay far away from these types of clichés.
- My major interest is to major in chemistry
- Trying to hard
- Not reading the schools website
Overused topics (aka the seven deadly sins):
- Vacation: Club Med / Costa Rica/ Cruise
- Sports Injuries
- Relationship break-ups
However, there are some exceptions to these topic choices.
Lastly, don't be negative.
For a deeper look at why to avoid choosing these topics, read the full post here.